Wow, long time no see, eh? It’s been a rough winter/spring/start of summer over here.
Let’s keep this short and sweet, shall we? After I lost almost 30 lbs in the beginning of this year, I have since gained it back. What happened? Life happened, my friends. I was busy and stressed over work, school, and baby issues. Unfortunately, I am not the type that loses weight when stressed. I’m the type that binges on a bag of Cheetos Puffs when stressed to the max. Because of this my weight has gone back up to 354.6. Now I weighed myself at the end of the day, so that’s possibly a tad high, but nonetheless, I am back up again.
Am I proud of this? No. Am I beating myself up over this? I can’t. If I did, I would fall back into that negativity hole and never climb back out. I told myself Friday, “Self, today is a new month. It’s a new beginning. You HAVE to change. If you don’t, you may leave this Earth far too soon. Do it now before it’s too late.” And I listened. I visited my doctor that morning due to a foot injury, stopped at the farmer’s market on the way home, and made good choices all day. Since Friday I have not had fast food and have not had one bit of soda. Insert happy dance! I am ready to start fresh again.
So why am I back at this blog? Well, I received a comment from an old friend today, which reminded me that I need to hold myself accountable again. So here I am for the World (or one reader) to see. I’m putting it all out there again, in hopes it will help now the way it did in January.
So, as I sit here and listen to the explosions outside my window, I envision the way I want my life to be. I want to be healthy and happy. I don’t want to be sad and miserable anymore. I can’t look back anymore.
And just for fun…
1. List a few common items that can always be found in your fridge. Apples, Laughing Cow cheese, strawberries, Newman’s Own Pineapple Salsa (OMG, I LOVE THIS!)
2. What kind of milk do you drink? I’m trying to stay away from milk, as my body does not react well to it, but we have Skim or 1%.
3. Do you prefer fresh or frozen vegetables? Fresh for sure.
4. What do you currently have to drink in the fridge? Water, milk, lemonade, beer, a bottle of champagne, tea.
5. How often do you clean out your refrigerator? Once a week on Tuesdays (it’s trash night).
6.What’s the healthiest thing in it right now? Fruits (apples, pineapple, plum, nectarines, strawberries) and vegetables (broccoli, carrots, bell peppers).
7. What’s the most unhealthy thing in it right now? French Onion Dip and some white cheesy salsa dip.
8. What do you wish you had in it that you don’t have now? I need more veggies, wraps, and strawberries. I cannot get enough strawberries in my liiiife.
9. How often do you shop for groceries? Haha, funny. Lately I’ve been in a rut and haven’t truly shopped in a while. I need to make the attempt tomorrow. When I’m on plan, once a week.
10. What’s the weirdest thing in your fridge right now? Weirdest? Ooh, I have a LUSH shower jelly in my freezer right now, but I won’t be eating that. Other than that, nothing’s coming to mind.
Until next time!